What is a Postpartum Doula?
A postpartum doula provides evidenced based information on things such as infant feeding, emotional and physical recovery from birth, mother–baby bonding, infant soothing, and basic newborn care. A postpartum doulais there to help a new family in those first days and weeks after bringing home a new baby.
Benefits of Having a Postpartum Doula
- Extra physical and emotional support for new family
- Decreased Postpartum Mood Disorders
- Allows for more quality, stress-free time with baby
- Smooth the transition to new parenthood
- Allows more time for mother to rest and heal
- Provides evidence-based knowledge to mom/family
- Allows more time to spend with other children
- Coordination of help and support of friends and family
- Empathetic listener
- Relief from feeling alone
- Access to needed resources in community
- Mothering and nurturing the mother
Postpartum Doula Care Services include:
- A minimum of 20 hours of service, over a two week period.
- Additional hours can be added, as needed
- Unlimited email contact.
- Breastfeeding support and education
- Newborn care instruction
- Nursery management
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation
- Services are available from day one through the fourth month
Current Fees while completing CAPPA Certification requirements:
Postpartum Doula Care $20/hour (minimum of 20 hours)
Minimum amount of $400 (20 hours of service) due before or during first day of services provided
Weekly invoice provided for additional hours. Payment is due within 10 days of invoice date. A payment plan can also be arranged if need be.
Serving areas up to one hour of Mooresville, NC
*Clients 20 miles or more from Mooresville, NC may be charged an additional service fee for gas mileage per visit.
"Book an Appointment" so we can talk about your individualized postpartum care needs.
Rebecca Duerr 954-801-1584 info@RebeccaDuerr.com